Enrich the Lives of Our Community’s Children
Volunteers play an invaluable role in helping the Virginia Discovery Museum fulfill its mission through their time and talents. From interacting with visitors and making their experiences fun and memorable to keeping exhibit spaces clean and safe to assisting with educational programs and community events, volunteers are vital to creating a Museum that is engaging and accessible to all. VDM is always looking for caring and enthusiastic individuals, ages 13 and older, to join our volunteer team and help enrich the lives of children in our community, and the Museum depends on more than 300 volunteers who generously donate more than 4,000 hours annually.
Benefits of Volunteering:
- Free Museum Admission Passes
- Meet New People
- Free Parking
- School Service Credit
- Valuable Training & Work Experience
- Positive Contribution to Our Local Community
- Front Desk (18 & Older; 2-3 Hours/Week)
- Gallery & Drop-In Programs (15 & Older; 2-3 Hours/Week)
- Drop-Off Programs (13 & Older; 2-4 Hours on Select Dates)
- Birthday Parties & Facility Rentals (13 & Older; 2-4 Hours on Select Saturdays, Sundays, or Evenings)
- Community Events (18 & Older; Shifts Vary by Event)
- Exhibits & Maintenance (18 & Older; Shifts Vary by Project)
For additional information, please call (434) 977-1025 x102 or email email@example.com.