Paper Bag Puppets
- Decide what person, animal, or imaginary creature you want your paper bag puppet to be.
- Cut paper shapes for your puppet’s eyes, tongue, ears, nose, cheeks, whiskers, hair, jewelry, and other features and accessories.
- Glue these shapes to your paper bag, using the fold in the bag as the puppet’s mouth.
- Use markers or crayons to add more details to your puppet.
- Place your hand inside your paper bag puppet, and use your fingers to open and close its mouth.
Even More Fun:
- Glue on string, buttons, fabric, or other supplies you have at home to give your puppet three-dimensional detail.
- Create additional puppets and put on a puppet show. Film your show to share with friends and family!
Support the Museum
The Virginia Discovery Museum is a vital nonprofit community resource, but we will be closed through at least May 31 due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Please consider a donation to support us during this uncertain time. Donate Now