- Mix together the flour and the salt.
- In a separate container, mix the water and food coloring.
- Combine the ingredients by pouring the water mixture onto the flour mixture.
- Knead together until smooth.
Tip: If the dough seems too sticky, add more flour and knead until the stickiness is gone.
- Younger Children:
- Experiment with different textures by adding sugar, dried beans, or oats.
- Get creative with different household items like spatulas, spoons, or cookie cutters for shaping the dough.
- Older Children:
- Use an old shoe box to make a playdough house. Create people and furniture from the dough. Add in household items like Q-tips, coins, and any craft supplies on hand to enhance your creations.
- Flatten out the dough and gather items that will create designs or texture, such as buttons, sandpaper, leaves, bottle caps, and more.
Support the Museum
The Virginia Discovery Museum is a vital nonprofit community resource, but we will be closed through at least July 31 due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Please consider a donation to support us during this uncertain time. Donate Now