Alphabet Matching & Memory Cards
- Download the free Alphabet Cards and print them, ideally on cardstock if available.
- Cut the cards along the dotted lines.
- If you are unable to print the Alphabet Cards, create your own uppercase and lowercase sets using index cards and a marker.
- Younger Children:
- Mix up the cards, name a letter aloud, and have your child match the uppercase and lowercase symbols.
- Mix up the cards, pull one out, and have your child find something in the house or draw a picture of something that begins with that letter.
- Older Children:
- Flip the cards over and spread them out.
- Have your child flip over two cards to see if they match. If they do, ask your child to think of a word that starts with that letter and keep the pair. If the cards do not match, flip them back over.
- Take turns until all of the cards are matched.
Support the Museum
The Virginia Discovery Museum is a vital nonprofit community resource, but we will be closed through at least July 31 due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Please consider a donation to support us during this uncertain time. Donate Now