Make-Your-Own Pizza Bites
Photos used with permission from The Girl Who Ate Everything.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place a triangle of crescent roll dough and place several mini pepperoni slices, if desired, on the large end of the triangle.
- Place half of a cheese stick on top of the pepperoni and roll up the dough.
- Repeat Steps 2-3 for each triangle.
- Place the pizza bites on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let the pizza bites cool slightly, then serve with marinara sauce for dipping!
- Replace the pepperoni with your choice of cooked veggie for a vegetarian option, or try cheese only.
- Sprinkle the pizza bites with a little garlic powder or Italian seasoning to kick the flavor up a notch.
- Try dipping the pizza bites in ranch or buffalo sauce for a different pairing of flavors.
Tips for Cooking with Kids
- Practice safety first: Wash your hands with soap and water, and remember that only grown-ups touch the oven and handle the hot baking sheet.
- Don’t mind the mess: It’s OK if the pizza bites aren’t perfectly shaped or if the counter gets a bit sticky. Clean-up is part of the process, and the pizza bites will still taste delicious even with gooey cheese oozing out!
- Balance your meal: Talk about well-balanced eating and brainstorm what you could serve with your pizza bites to round out your meal.
Support the Museum
The Virginia Discovery Museum is a vital nonprofit community resource but has remained closed for in-person visits since March 2020 in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Please consider a donation to support us during this uncertain time. Donate Now