The Virginia Discovery Museum is not just for the kids … it’s for the grown-ups, too! Once a season, join us for a free discussion series as VDM invites guest educators, researchers, and thought leaders from our community to engage our adult visitors about child development, parenting, healthy lifestyle management, and other related topics.
- Frequency: Parent Discussions are Offered at Least Once Each Season.
- Discussion Times: Mornings or Evenings. Check “Upcoming Discussions” below for Specific Times.
- Admission: Free to Attend. No Registration Required.
- Childcare: Staff Provides Free Childcare during Parent Discussions.
Have questions about an upcoming discussion? Interested in becoming a Thought Leadership speaker? Email email@example.com to learn more.
Click any link below to view a PDF of the corresponding presentation.
- An Introduction to Mindfulness
Presented by J. Robin Albertson-Wren, Mindfulness Instructor, mind-awake.weebly.com (03/21/2017)
- The Impact of a Child’s Early Environment on Cognitive, Social, and Emotional Development
Presented by Rebecca Berlin, Teachstone (10/20/2016)
- The Wave of the Future: How Children Think About and Learn from Touchscreen Technology
Presented by Sierra Eisen, UVA Child Development Labs (07/07/2016)