Next Meeting: Monday, April 24, 2017 at 10:30am
All Ages, with Adult
Meets in the Literacy Lounge
Included with Museum Admission
Join us Monday mornings as we curl up with a good story! Some weeks will feature special guest readers from around the community, but every week is an opportunity to dive into a fun and engaging book together as we introduce children to new words and ideas and encourage them to express their thoughts about what they’ve heard. Story Time will meet in Creation Station on weeks we welcome special guests WHTJ PBS Kids or Felt Board Storyteller Carole Gajdosik.
Saturday Story Time: For 2017, the Museum is offering a special Saturday Story Time once a month, which will meet at 11:00 a.m. and feature guest readers from the Junior League of Charlottesville.
Weekly Program Schedule
- March 6: Community Idea Stations: WHTJ PBS Kids
- March 13: Inch by Inch
- March 20: Felt Board Stories with Carole Gajdosik
- March 27: Where the Wild Things Are
- April 3: Community Idea Stations: WHTJ PBS Kids
- April 10: Kids’ Choice
- April 17: Felt Board Stories with Carole Gajdosik
- April 24: How to Babysit a Grandpa
- May 1: Community Idea Stations: WHTJ PBS Kids
- May 8: If You Give a Mouse a Cookie
- May 15: Giraffes Can’t Dance
- May 22: Felt Board Stories with Carole Gajdosik
- May 29: MUSEUM CLOSED FOR MEMORIAL DAY
Saturday Story Times
- Upcoming:March 11, April 15, May 20
- Time: 11:00 a.m.
*Visitors are welcome to come and go from Story Time as their children’s attention spans require.
30 Million Word Gap: Some kids have heard as many as 30 million fewer words than others by age 3, which has consequences for their vocabulary and for general social and cognitive developmental outcomes. Reading to children daily and discussing new words helps eliminate this gap. Learn More